Thursday, December 5, 2013

Final Project Proposal

For the final project I will be doing a chapbook. Even when we first started talking about the final project, I knew I wanted to do one. I think my poems will be best expressed in a book. It will be easy for me to visualize and organize them. The only thing is that even though I already have written 16 poems, I might have to write more of them because they don't all relate to each other and I know the book has to have some sort of theme. I have had two most common themes in my poems which are family and nature. I think either could work for the book. I'm leaning more towards the family thing because I have so many memories and family members that I could write about while if I write about nature it could become impersonal. But if I can combine the two themes it would be even better. I could make the chapbook have two chapters maybe. The hardest part will be making the actual book but I think it will turn out pretty nice.

1 comment:

  1. Sheila- It doesn't have to have a theme, but I've encouraged people to consider the opportunity as I have expected that you're still writing. I don't see any new poems here, so are you still writing? I hope to see some new work this week. A combination nature/family approach makes plenty of sense. Yes, the physical construction matters, but I think you'll enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete